Welcome to Chateau Herálec!
We offer you the luxury of a five-star boutique hotel, unique design accommodation and exclusive service in one of the most beautiful romantic castles in Bohemia - with an excellent location and direct access to the D1 motorway, within easy reach of the international airports in Prague, Brno and Vienna, and with the possibility of helicopter landing in the castle's exterior.
The castle walls of Herálec date back to the 13th century, which means that they remember events that are more than 800 years old. The first mention of the village of Herálec is in a document of Pope Honorius III from 1226, when it belonged to the Želiv monastery.
Trčková from Lípa
The local estate was briefly owned by Henry of Rožmberk, who exchanged it with the Bishop of Prague, Jan IV of Dražice, in 1307, after which it was acquired for more than a century and a half by the Trčkové of Lípa, one of the most powerful families in Bohemia.
Karl from Roupov
The last of the Trčka family, Kryštof Jaroslav Trčka of Lípa, sold Herálec in 1601 to Kryštof Karl of Roupov, who rebuilt the chateau into a three-winged, one-storey building with round towers over several decades of ownership.
In 1623, the castle and the manor were bought by Wallenstein's general Philip Adam, Count of Solms. After his death, in 1708, the estate was bought by Michal Achác , a free lord von Kirchner, who had a chapel built on the first floor of the castle, of which the beautiful oratory is an integral part.
In 1817 the castle was owned by Countess Therese Trautmannsdorf of Nadasda, who was succeeded by her son Jan Nepomuk of Trauttmannsdorf in 1838. On his instructions, the castle was transformed into a neo-Gothic style, i.e. more or less into its present romantic form with battlemented towers and a beautiful façade.
In 1861 it was gothicised by the architect B. Waschmann.
18th - 19th Century
In 1861 it was gothicised by the architect B. Waschmann. In 1945 the castle was confiscated and in 1948 it was assigned to the national enterprise Czechoslovak Textile Plants. Since 1951 the castle has been a textile school. After 1958 the building was used as a boarding school for children with special needs.
The Kasper family
Since 2004 the castle has been owned by the Kasper family, who had the ruined castle completely renovated. The project of extensive monumental and historical reconstruction began in 2009 and lasted 2.5 years, until August 2011. The new layout with state-of-the-art standards brought the generosity of the open spaces to the castle, restoring the luxury of the castle rooms and the splendour of the communal areas. The Chateau has been given a worthy chance for a new life as a luxury five-star Boutique Hotel & Spa by L'Occitane.